Halloween is, of course, one of my favorite times of the year! Even though it feels like I’m always on my toes trying to keep up with Thomas, I still want to find the time to make Halloween costumes!
Check out the templates below for the hoodies Anna and I wore on KELOLAND Living.Unicorn Hoodie Template Monster Hoodie Template
The basic instructions for the unicorn hoodie I brought to the TV studio are listed below, but keep an eye on the blog as we get closer to Halloween and we’ll bring you more fun Halloween costume ideas (and maybe a few spooky tricks and treats!)
- Unicorn Template
- Hooded Sweatshirt
- 1 matching Felt Sheet and 1 Pink Felt Sheet for the Ears
- 1 contrasting felt sheet for the horn
- 2 Feet of Embroidery Floss
- Cotton Balls -or- Poly-fil to stuff the horn
- 2 Sheets of coordinating Felt for the mane
- Needle and Thread –or- Hot Glue and Hot Glue Gun
- Cut out two ear pieces in the matching felt and two in the pink felt. Sew or glue one each of the matching and pink felt pieces together to make 2 ears.
- Fold the flat bottom of the ear in half and sew or glue together
- Decide where you would like the ears placed on the hood and sew or glue the ears in place.
- Fold the felt sheets for the mane in half “hot dog bun style” to find the middle. (If you want a mutlicolored mane, you can cut 3 inch strips of different colored felt to use for your mane, or for a thicker mane, you can use a double layer of felt.)
- Starting 3 or 4 inches from the front of the hood, so we have room for the horn, begin sewing or gluing your mane to the sweatshirt.
- Once the mane is attached, cut the felt into a 1” wide fringe.
- Cut out the triangle shape for your horn from felt using the template.
- Sew or glue the edges together to make a horn shape and stuff the horn with cotton balls or Poly-fil to help give it shape.
- Attach the embroidery floss near the tip of the horn and wrap it around the horn in a spiral, securing it at the base. Trim off any extra embroidery floss.
- Sew or glue the horn to the hood.
- Rock the look!